8/19/08

Harnessing 1's Health:

New Faith in (some) Government OK, you got me - there's a reason this sentence is in Red. It's because more often than not bottom line's usually are in the same color. However, the optimist in me changes like the Chameleon and I'm still trying to figure out if this is due me needing to hide or blend in to fool some whom occupy the same territory or if it is because I want to 'trick' my neighborly occupants soasto engulf them and not have the competition. Forever the optimist because I've yet to make a dime in a business environment I expect not only to sustain me soon but grow as big as my dreams for it have allowed me to aspire to be happy and content. I attended a wonderful 'summit' yesterday where a good number of government officials were in attendance but at no point during the entire event did I feel submitted to vote for or against a particular agenda. It was truly amazing and uplifting to be present amongst such a vast array of people and at any point feel as though our children's future was not the heartfelt reason everyone was there. Politicians, Teachers, Communities, Private Organizations (large & small) and then there was I was - seemingly the odd man out due that I'm none of the aforementioned. I was present as an independent businessperson seeking an eventual profit from my attendance and from information I would gain from the content of the morning and early afternoon. However, I was not present under a guise of being selfish or wanting something for nothing. We all had the future in mind, the future of a generation which would adopt not only the legacy of our households or traditions which are worthy but also the failings we are sharing with them and we nor they even know it. The subject of the Summit, held in what my son and I refer to as "God's Hand" but more worldly known as Lake Placid and even more vastly known as the Adirondack Mountains of New York (NY) State, was NY State's (and our countries) epidemic of obesity. Even more good news seems to be a collaboration of Research professionals and Educators throughout NY State whom are determined to provide funding, information and projects to have an impact upon where we are headed in the future. The very fact that I was enthralled by the gathering of the minds was that all in attendance seem to agree that no magic bullets will cure what ails us yet a collaborative effort by many will prevent unnecessary deaths and will simultaneously enhance the lives of those we save and extend lives by living a healthful and active life in the future. There is far too much to cover in one post so I plan to extend this posting to several days of information. Needless to say if you have input you deem worthy of sharing with me or others whom share these posts, please do not hesitate to do so. Thank You. A few good avenues to contact me are @ Powerhousevi@hotmail.com; or in the blog. A few great avenues to more immediately make a difference in your life and those whom you care most about are: Simplexityhealth.com/powerpillarsv or Healthyfutures.net/PowerPillarsV